Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA) is an international organisation for women in management positions involved in the maritime transportation business and related trades worldwide. It is a major player in attracting more women to the industry and in supporting women in management positions. With networking, education and mentoring in focus, WISTA seeks to enhance members’ competence and empower career success.
WISTA is growing and has over 2,100 members in 35 countries worldwide. WISTA pursues and supports the creation of both national and international business relationships among WISTA members.
WISTA is a networking organization for women at management level in the maritime industry. WISTA shall:
- Facilitate the exchange of contacts, information and experiences among its members
- Promote and facilitate the education of its members
- Provide liaison with other related institutions and organizations worldwide
WISTA shall be acknowledged as a professional and highly reputable shipping organization with focus on improving levels of competency in the shipping industry and shall:
- Attract highly qualified people to the industry
- Attract highly qualified people to the organization
- Improve level of competency through focus on education and knowledge